Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Been busy gettin' published and all

Hey gang! Wanted to update you with some of the pieces I've been working on. Here's a couple of the pieces I've had published in the San Francisco Bay Guardian's print edition:

THA ARTICLES

Public Screening: Three decades of posting the revolution with Mission Grafica - 11/11/09
On the history of a community silkscreen studio in the Mission District. Grafica has thirty years of Latino activism and social protest under its belt- some amazing stories.

Presents of mind: Gifts that give back - 11/19/09
My contribution to the Guardian's 2009 Holiday Guide. I researched and profiled some of the most socially conscious gift ideas in the Bay Area that year. My favorite was the cat rescue shelter that was bottling its own "Meow Merlot." Heartwarming, I tells ya.

THA BLOGS

The bulk of my time's been straight up bloggin' it tho. Internet journalism... wild stuff. Consider the following my greatest hits on the blog roll (photo by yours truly)...


Not for beginners: Goodwill As-Is gets put on notice- 10/29/09
The truth will out on subpar bulk thrift stores

Negrodamus knows: Paul Mooney, ringmaster of black comedy, returns to the Bay- 11/2/09
My interview with the controversial legend behind The Richard Pryor Show, In Living Color and The Chappelle Show. He's a peach.

Keeping up with the Waters': Berkeley's way ahead of SF on the school garden game- 11/19/09
Profile of Alice Waters' famous sustainable garden for Berkeley public school kids.

High fructose corn syrup ragin'- 11/24/09
This is what happens when I get editorial power over my posts... what can say, I got beef with corporate sugar water!

Event review of a burlesque/accordion git down at the Uptown Night Club in Oakland. Where do I get those sequined pasties?

There you have it. Onward and upward, my lovelies!
CD

No comments:

Post a Comment